Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Recipe Renovation: Salmon Sensation

Like usual, my posts come sporadically. My life in the last month has brought new and exciting opportunities which has kept me away from my blog and cooking. Nonetheless I have been baking up some delicious treats! Ironically, I cook healthy foods and sell my delicious, buttery, and sinful cupcakes to others! I say, moderation is key, therefore here is my recipe renovation! Plus, it is nearly impossible to say "NO" to these cupcakes! Let's just say the gym and I have spent some extra quality time together in the last few months!  :)

I am going to have to brag about this recipe because it was easily one of the best Salmon recipes I have ever tasted! I paired it with a cauliflower mash, which made for a PERFECTLY balanced and flavorful meal!

Salmon Sensation (yields 3-4)
3-4 Salmon Fillets
10-15 sprigs of a combination of tarragon, oregano, and thyme
2 tablespoons chopped herbs (use combination above)
18 thinly sliced lemon
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
S & P, to taste

Directions: Preheat oven to 350.
In a separate bowl, combine the dijon, chopped herbs, garlic, and olive oil. Mix until combined and set aside.
On parchment paper, put a layer of herbs and 3 lemon slices. Place the salmon fillet on top. Top the salmon with 1/3 of the dijon mustard mixture and 3 more lemon slices. Seal the parchment paper and cook for 20-25 minutes; depending on your preference. Unwrap and enjoy!!!

(Recipe slightly adapted from Eatingwell.com)

Happy Healthy Eating, Foodies!

The Fashionista Foodie

2 comments:

Fi Figueroa @ Previously Owned said...

cauliflower mash=LOVE haha I must try this salmon dish as well! Look DEHHH-VINNEEEEE

xo

Fi

Dorsa said...

I really love your blog, I gave your blog an award, please do stop by my blog to accept it!